ESPN 1230AM Bakersfield Sports Radio
Your Radio Store
CT Schubert
Las Vegas Hilton

Corey Costelloe's Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks on The Turf

Now that I've overstuffed myself once again on another fabulous Thanksgiving, I wanted to take time to post the obligatory 'Home Turf' Thankful list.
I have a lot to be thankful for this year, and I'm sure you have your list as well. As hard as times are right now when you look at the big picture, we're all doing pretty well.
I'll start with the show, the station and you the listeners. I'm thankful first of all to have this opportunity, I thank General Manager Roger Fessler for believing in my idea to change a struggling AM station into a sports powerhouse and for allowing me to be a part of it on the air. I thank owner Rogers Brandon for backing my plan as well, I hope I make both of them happy...and some money along the way.
I'm thankful for a great group of coworkers and employees at the station as well. The ESPN Radio 1230 as well as the 'Home Turf' crew are probably the best, most eclectic, energetic and fun group of people I've ever worked with. We're fortunate to have jobs that allow us to have a lot of fun, and we manage to accomplish that every day. I've likened to place to the infamous Delta House of Animal House fame, add a few togas and we're your sequel.
I'm thankful for a job that also allows me the honor of calling the play-by-play for Cal State Bakersfield, I'm excited to be a part of this historic Division I transition and for meeting some great people along the way. I'm Thankful for the Roadrunners and their staff, what a ride it's been so far, plenty more to come.
As I previously mentioned, we all have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season. The economy may have things down for all of us a little bit, things might not be as good as they used to be, but if we all take the time to look around, take in our surroundings, our family, our friends, our support structure and more, I think we'd all pretty much agree we're lucky. Things could be better...but they could also be much worse. Take time to be Thankful this holiday weekend...you can thank me when the show returns on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home